CCC Tech COmmittee Meeting Minutes 5-16-19
Posted on Thursday, May 16, 2019 @ 03:10:36 PM
CCC Tech Committee Meeting
Members Present: Robby Goodman, Jaime Nathaniel, Donna Stajkowski, Kathy Huys, Corey Greider, Holly Miller, Scott Miller, Rustin Swartzentruber, Joe Kominowski, Kelly Anglemeyer, Patty Prendergast, Marion Hochstetler, Josh Yoder
NHS likes the separation of attendance and grades
Majority of staff likes day-of
NMS has concern about getting things posted by 9:00. Once they experience it things should get more comfortable.
Already have a library of things saved from this past year.
Concern about elementary getting all subjects up. Elementary said it wasn’t as hard going forward because they have already done it.
Elementary schools have done well at adjusting to time that it takes. This was from a parent perspective.
Is there a way to let families know that they are done with the assignments? A checklist? An automatic reply can be set up that lets students know that they have submitted a google form. Donna will look at ways that feedback can be given on this.
Consensus was to stick with current plan changes.
Dr. Goodman will put this information out to people. This will be available for registration, on website, etc.
CCC Tech Committee Meeting Minutes 4-18-19
Posted on Thursday, April 18, 2019 @ 03:51:32 PM
Updated on Thursday, May 16, 2019 @ 03:05:29 PM
CCC Tech Meeting Minutes
Members Present: Curt Schwartz, Andrew Robinson, Corey Greider, Holly Miller, Rustin Swartzentruber, Patty Prendergast, Jaime Shreiner, Jeremy Miller, Josh Yoder, Joe Kominowski, Robby Goodman, Yvonne Buller
- NHS likes Moodle because they are already using Moodle. They also feel strongly that it needs to have a lockdown browser.
- OVE believe that it is best to have student sign-ons to get used to first with google classroom before going to a full LMS.
- YES – Schoology is the most realistic in a K-3 out of all the LMS’s we have used. It needs to be used for more than just e-learning. Joe can’t see his teachers using Moodle. They like the text-to-speech feature of Schoology.
- The consensus was made to keep going down our current road with Google Classroom and Moodle and keep LMS discussions in the mix for the future. There might be more of a need for a more robust LMS in the future as we get more comfortable with being digital.
- Admin discussion was to go (for K-8) day of with assignments posted by 9:00 AM (10:00) if we have a delay and then cancel). Teachers have digital office hours from 9-12 (10-1 if delay first). Other 3 hours of teacher digital time will be during 3 hour after school lab offering. One day of lab after school with 3 hour time frame. Minimum of 2 days after the event. Will not occur on a Friday. Assignments will be due after both a weekend and the lab time. Paper copies will be given to those who request.
- YES was concerned about teachers collaborating by grade level and having to post assignments by 9:00.
- Friday for labs just didn’t work. It was hard to get people to stay.
- Teachers were ready to post assignments earlier than Thursday, as we did this year.
- If we have back-to-back days we could do 2 after school lab days, a weekend, and have things do about the same time.
- There are 2-3 teachers in the corporation who don’t have access to internet at home.
- Students who request paper packets should be able to have access to them within 48 hours of returning to school or by the lab time. Whichever comes first. We are going to attempt to have labs open within 48 hours of the event (except for Fridays).
- This cuts the opportunity for classified staff to make up hours but there was an issue with getting classified staff to stay this past year.
- We haven’t discussed how many days in a row we would go with e-learning. This would be something worked out with MTA presidents and superintendents.
- NHS would like for the TV, radio, and phone announcements to say that we are having an e-learning day when school is cancelled.
- How long should the attendance window be opened? There was an issue this year with teachers having to go back in after 2 weeks and change attendance. It should be within 48 hours with a certain level of grace.
- Buildings can make attendance decisions on their own.
- 6-12 -If the assignment is not done on time the absence will count but the grade will still be taken.
- CCC Tech will go back to buildings and talk to staff. We will get additional feedback at next meeting and will make an official decision then.
- May 16th is next meeting
CCC Tech Committee Meeting Minutes 3-14-19
Posted on Thursday, March 14, 2019 @ 04:20:23 PM
CCC Tech Committee Meeting Minutes from 3-14-19
Members present: Curt Schwartz, Jaime Shreiner, Jan Sharp, Donna Stajkowski, Andrew Robinson, Robby Goodman, Corey Greider, Josh Yoder, Scott Miller, Rustin Swartzentruber, Joe Kominowski, Jessica Graber, Patty Prendergast, Jeremy Miller
- Our school web site is now mobile friendly. Improvements are still being made but it is up and running for mobile devices
- Our website is also changing to have the navigation bar go across the top instead of on the side. We have also combined several links under different headings to make the main navigation less crowded so that the site is easier to navigate.
- MCS is beginning a phishing campaign for staff. Staff will receive emails throughout the year that ask for information to be entered, such as passwords, username, etc. Staff who click on these links will be enrolled in training to further understand the importance of being knowledgeable of what phishing scams look like. The goal is to protect our network and teacher people how to protect their personal information at home. This will only be for staff at this point in time. Not students.
- Donna showed the Moodle LMS to committee members. Moodle is what is currently used at NHS. You can now do video and audio on Moodle. Multiple things can be put on the page for each teacher. Moodle has an app for students.
- Google Classroom is much more basic. It keeps improving all the time. You have to have a different class set up for each period. In other LMS’s you can set up a class and assign it to different periods. You can take things from different sites and put them into google classroom. Parents can get reports.
- Here is a link to a document that Donna created to show the features of Moodle and GoogleClassroom. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1JjsIzSO6pxkfpm_wxL1tEfF10RQd06lM_hEF6LnhFB4/edit?usp=sharing
- We will discuss the different LMS platforms at the April meeting. What do we like about each one? Dislike? There is no clear decision on LMS and we don’t even know if we will switch. This year was to create an awareness and see what is out there. The CCC Tech will make a recommendation in the future.
- There was also a question about whether or not the money would be better spent on subscriptions for teachers to use in the classroom rather than on a LMS.
- E-learning changes will be discussed at a future meeting. Time ran out.
- The CCC Tech meeting minutes will be posted on the Tech Page.
- Thank you to our aswesome CCC Tech Committee for all of their work this year!
- Next meeting - April 18, 2019
Posted on Wednesday, February 6, 2019 @ 02:23:23 PM
Updated on Thursday, February 21, 2019 @ 08:08:09 AM
Welcome to the new MCS Technology Department web page. Our goal is to make your experience in entering help tickets (via the Technology Assistance Request page) and finding information about the technology department as easy and helpful as possible. This blog will be updated on a regular basis when we have information to share. Please make a note to check back here often. In the future you will also be able to subscribe to our blog so you get an email notifcation when something new and important is posted.