Student Transfers for 2019-2020 2nd Semester
For Transfers from School Districts Outside of
Middlebury Community Schools
- Parents/guardians must complete, sign and submit the Student Transfer Application. The parent's signature affirms, "I understand that if approved this transfer is conditional on my student maintaining satisfactory attendance and behavior." The completed Student Transfer Request Form is to be dropped off or sent to the Administration Center, 56853 Northridge Drive, Middlebury, Indiana 46540, attention Dr. Robby Goodman, who reviews each request.
- There is no tuition fee to attend Middlebury Community Schools for the 2019-2020 school year.
Approval or Denial
- The first day transfer requests for the 2019-2020 2nd Semester will be accepted is Wednesday, October 23, 2019. The deadline for submitting 2019-2020 2nd Semester transfer requests is Thursday, January 30, 2020. Requests will be processed as they are submitted. Requests received after January 30, 2020 will not be processed.
- Parents/guardians are informed by letter as to whether the transfer has been granted or denied as soon as the request is processed.
- In order to continue at the transfer school, a new form must be submitted and approved each year. Those forms will be mailed to current transfer students in February, inviting them to re-apply.
- While continuations are honored when possible, they cannot be guaranteed for future years. In all cases, approvals are dependent on space being available in that grade level at the transfer school. Any approval may later be revoked if a student does not maintain satisfactory behavior or attendance.
- As stated on the transfer form, MCS bus transportation is not provided from the student's home to their transfer school. The parent/guardian must assume that responsibility by driving the student to and from school daily. Transfer students are not allowed to ride any MCS buses except for field trips, extra-curricular events, or for transportation from school to the Boys and Girls Club after school.
If you have questions or need more information please call the Administration Center at 574-825-9425 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org