Student Transfers for 2020-2021
For Transfers from School Districts Outside of
Middlebury Community Schools
- Parents/guardians must complete, sign and submit the Student Transfer Application. The parent's signature affirms, "I understand that, if approved, this transfer is conditional on my student maintaining satisfactory attendance and behavior." The completed Student Transfer Request Form is to be dropped off or sent to the Administration Center, 56853 Northridge Drive, Middlebury, Indiana 46540, attention Dr. Robby Goodman, who reviews each request.
- There is no tuition fee to attend Middlebury Community Schools for the 2020-2021 school year.
Approval or Denial
- The first day transfer requests for the 2020-2021 schoolyear will be accepted is Wednesday, February 19, 2020. The deadline for submitting 2020-2021 transfer requests is Wednesday, September 9, 2020. Requests will be processed as they are submitted. Requests received after September 9, 2020 will not be processed.
- Parents/guardians are informed by letter as to whether the transfer has been granted or denied as soon as the request is processed.
- In order to continue at the transfer school, a new form must be submitted and approved each year. Those forms will be mailed to current transfer students in February, inviting them to re-apply.
- In all cases, approvals are dependent on space being available in that grade level at the transfer school. Any approval may later be revoked if a student does not maintain satisfactory attendance and behavior.
- MCS bus transportation is not provided across school boundaries, from the student's home to their transfer school. The parent/guardian must assume that responsibility by driving the student to and from school daily. Transfer students may be transported on MCS buses from their school to the Boys/Girls Club after school, or during field trips and extra-curricular events, but may not utilize bus service to or from anywhere else in the district. Kindergarten students are not eligible for Boys and Girls Club attendance.
If you have questions or need more information please call the Administration Center at 574-825-9425 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org